Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Meet Musa....

Isn't he precious?!  Here is Musa's story.....

Musa Salam
Age 6 yrs
Born on the 10
th of October 2003.




Their father died in a boat accident on the 8 of September 2009 when he was traveling from the village to Freetown to sell the crops which he has harvested from the farm and he is the bread winner in the home.  The mother now goes with the kids to the farm were they will stay till late in the evening when they will come home to sleep and if this is continue then the kids will have no future.  


Can you imagine?  There was a time that I didn't want to.  A time when I turned the channel when the ads about things like World Vision came up on the television screen.  I didn't want to know...didn't want to see...didn't want to have to deal with the emotions it created.  Then, God got a hold of me.

He put some of these pieces of scripture in front of me....

James 1:27   "For religion that  God our Father considers pure and faultless is this:  to look after widows and orphans in their distress..."

Proverbs 24:12  "...once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do.  God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act."


Matthew 25:31-46   "When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
 "Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'
 "Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'
 "The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'
 "Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.'
 "They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?'
 "He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'
 "Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."

Now, I look at pictures like Musa's and see the eyes of my own sons.  I read stories like his and try to 
imagine what it must be like to be his mother...to love your children with all  your heart and know that
you can't provide for them and have to give them away.  What is like to be Musa?  To be given to strangers at the age of 6, after losing your father, being torn away from everything you've ever known.  Musa is a little older than my Carter and a little younger than my Jackson.  I can't imagine..... and I wonder why it isn't me.  Why am I here - in this place and time - instead of in Africa or some other 3rd world country where life is so devastating and hard?  

The only answer I have is that I am here so that I can do something for those who aren't.  I know...and I'm responsible.  I'll be judged for my actions and my response.  Our family has chosen to act...what will you do?

If you are interested in sponsoring Musa, please leave me a comment or email me.  For only $30/month, you can provide his medical sponsorship that will ensure he and the rest of the children at The Covering have medical care they need so desperately.

No comments:

Post a Comment