Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Waiting, Waiting, Waiting!

So much is going on here at the Widhalm household, and yet we are doing nothing but waiting!   There are many things in progress, so many that I am feeling a little overwhelmed.  However, I know that everything will work out in God's time.  Boy, do I wish my time and God's would just match up a little closer sometimes!  LOL


1.  Doug's job.  This is probably the biggest one at the moment.  He interviewed for a different position with Shelter, which would mean a move to Columbia.  The interview was last Friday and we should hear something by the end of the week.  Whether or not we move, dictates other decisions that will be made regarding our house and whether or not the boys will go to public school next year or continue to homeschool.  It also may make a big difference in how we make arrangements for the time I will be gone to Africa next month.  We are WAITING to hear so that we can start making decisions!


2.  The basement.  It has been cleaned up, after a flood of sewage a couple weeks ago, but now the repair work needs to begin.   All the flooring and bottom portion of sheetrock and insulation need to be replaced and the whole thing will have to be painted, of course.  We are WAITING to hear about Doug's job and WAITING for me to get back from Africa before we begin.  Thankfully, all the personal property has been returned to the storage room from the POD which was in our driveway.  


3.  Africa.  The plane tickets are purchased and our application for Visas have been mailed.  I received a tentative itinerary for the trip this morning.  I'm SO excited!!  I have a few more things to purchase before I'm ready to go.  Need to pick up a few changes of comfy clothes and sandals, rainboots, and a digital video camera.  Everything else is done and paid for, so I'm just WAITING for the departure day.


4.  Puppies.  Liza, our Australian Labradoodle, is pregnant and the puppies are expected to arrive the first week of May.  She is doing great and we are just WAITING for them to arrive.  We are all excited to see how many there are and what they look like!  It's actually a blessing that the basement is without carpet for now.  It won't be nearly as big of a deal when the puppies make puppy messes!


5.  Jackson's birthday.  Jackson will be 8 years old in nine more days.  The party needs to be planned.  We still haven't decided the details of when and where because we have family coming next weekend as well as a fundraiser to attend for the mission trip.  So, the party may have to WAIT.  Regardless, he will be 8 years old on the 22nd, no matter what the events of the day are.  He is counting down and doing a great job at WAITING.


6.   Garden.  Doug has been working on building a raised bed for my garden.  I've got tomato, cucumber, zucchini, squash and a few other plants started inside.  I'm WAITING for the last frost and a completed garden bed so that I can get them planted.  Of course, this will somewhat depend on the job situation.  No need to plant a garden if we aren't going to be here to tend it and eat the harvest.




So, needless to say, things here at our house are going to pick up and be a little crazy over the next several weeks - especially if Doug gets the job and we have to move again.  Doug starting a new job 3 hours away, new puppies arriving and mom flying to the other side of the planet will make for an interesting time, I'm sure!


 Oh well.  It will all work together for good!  It all reminds me of a song I grew up singing in church....


"They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength.  They shall mount up with wings as eagles.  They shall run and not grow weary, they shall walk and not faint.  Teach me Lord,  teach me Lord to wait."   



No comments:

Post a Comment