Pages

Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Waiting Is Over (Mostly)

It continues to amaze me how God works, even in the tiniest details!  If you read my last post, which was posted on Wednesday morning, you know the title was "Waiting, Waiting, Waiting".   So, Wednesday evening I go to church and the title of his sermon was "Waiting, Waiting"!  I am not kidding.  I almost fell out of my seat.


He used the text from Psalm 40:1-5.


1I waited patiently for the LORD;
   he inclined to me and heard my cry.
2He drew me up from the pit of destruction,
   out of the miry bog,
and set my feet upon a rock,
    making my steps secure.
3He put a new song in my mouth,
   a song of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear,
   and put their trust in the LORD.

 4Blessed is the man who makes
   the LORD his trust,
who does not turn to the proud,
   to those who go astray after a lie!
5You have multiplied, O LORD my God,
   your wondrous deeds and your thoughts toward us;
   none can compare with you!
I will proclaim and tell of them,
   yet they are more than can be told.



He talked about how we wait and wait and wait for God to move and how we get so impatient, but that it is through the waiting that our faith and trust in God grow.  And, if we wait where God has us, He will take care of us and we will receive what we need.  Just what I needed to hear.  Not that I didn't know it already, but I just needed a little reminding. :)


So, I waited some more....a little more patiently after Wednesday evening.


Thankfully, though, the wait was over on Friday as far as Doug's job was concerned.  The company chose to divide the job responsibilities for the position Doug interviewed for and didn't hire anyone at all.  So, we are not moving to Columbia.  I'm actually relieved.  Now we can focus on what we need to do here without worrying about about commuting and trying to sell/buy houses while I'm in Africa and the puppies are so small.


Today, we got down to business with the garden and flower beds.  Doug hauled in two truckloads of compost for the garden.  He spent last week building the raised beds.  It's ready for planting now, so I'm hoping to make a trip to Baker's Seed Co. tomorrow to see what kind of plants they have.  I had actually started my own plants a few weeks ago, but Barkley destroyed them last week, so I'll have to buy them instead.  I still need to mulch around it and I want to create some sort of cute path with stepping stones.  I think maybe I'd like to boys to make them, but we'll see.


We also dug out a flower bed, put the weed barrier down and filled it back with the good compost.  All the leftovers went into another flower bed at our front door.  That one still needs some work before we can plant, but at least we have gotten started.


This is the garden from the deck above.


The bed w/birdbath in front yard.




Now that we know we are not moving to Columbia, a decision is going to have to be made about whether or not to send the boys to school or homeschool.  We are praying about that and waiting (there it is again!) to see what God's will is for our family.

Conclusions:  Waiting is part of the journey and there will, in fact, be almost zero time that you aren't waiting for something.  Take a chill pill and get used to it.    Quit hoping and expectantly waiting so much for tomorrow.  Be happy with where you are and what is going on today.  Afterall, tomorrow may not even arrive.

1 comment:

  1. Some times all we can do is wait...very good message. Your flowers beds look fantastic and the bird bath. I just love fixing up the house!
    Thanks for coming by on SITS Day!
    Holly
    504 Main

    ReplyDelete