Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Countdown To Sierra Leone Has Begun!

I can't believe that the mission trip is getting so close - only 19 more days!  I'm so excited!  It's is an amazing feeling to know that you are really living out God's plan for your life.  It is quite the adventure!

Today, I made a trip to town to buy the majority of the last part of what I need for the trip.  Rainboots, a couple pair of capris, t-shirts, money holder, etc.  It was a lot of fun and got me really excited about going.

I'm so blessed that God has given us financial provision.  Whatever funds come in at this point, will be taken with me in order to serve and minister to the people I come into contact with.  We will be visiting a children's hospital and giving food and supplies to the moms who are there with their babies, as well as visiting a couple of refugee camps and a remote village.  I expect there will be many opportunities to bless people who are in so much need.  I pray that God will lead and guide me in every step.

I'm also excited to meet the kids we've been sponsoring.  There are four of them - siblings - who were brought to the center after their mother died shortly after the birth of her twins.  The twins are about 6 months old now and  have been at the center since just before Christmas.  As of Saturday, they were back in the hospital.  If you think of us, please pray for the twin (Jinnah and Sao) and their speedy recovery!  The two older siblings are about 3 and 5 - Mammie and Muhammed.  I'm trying to decide what to bring for them that they can keep and remember me.

Please continue to pray for my family as we prepare for mommy to be gone.  I have an amazing husband who is taking two weeks off work to stay with the boys and the new puppies.  I'm absolutely certain that they will have a wonderful time together, but I can't say that I'm not nervous about leaving them.  

Most of all, please pray that I will be used by God in an amazing way and that many lives will be touched while we are there.  


No comments:

Post a Comment