Pages

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Africa, Here I come!

I'm SO very excited about the trip I'll be making to Sierra Leone in May!  Because we do not have a money tree in backyard, however, a little effort is going into the finances it will take to get there.  I'm sure there will be a few different opportunities for you to be involved, if you would like, so stay tuned!

To begin with, though, I am going to being selling Pampered Chef.  I've loved PC products for a long time.  I was a PC consultant when I was in college and did fairly well, so I thought I would give it a try again.  I'll be having a grand opening show in the next few weeks to jump start the business, so if any of you are interested in seeing a catalog or hosting a show, I'd love to help you!

I'll also be having a yard sale or two, so if you have anything you'd like to get rid of, just send me a note!  I'll be happy to come pick it up from you and take care of the rest.  All you have to do is box it up and let me know where to get it!  Items that are better than yard sale quality will be auctioned at Ebay.

We are also considering selling t-shirts that spread the message about the orphan crisis.  You can check them out at www.147millionorphans.com and let me know what you think.

If you have any fundraising ideas, please leave me a note!  I'd love to hear them!


"For I was hungry, while you had all you needed. I was thirsty, but you drank bottled water. I was a stranger, and you wanted me deported. I needed clothes, but you needed more clothes. I was sick and you pointed out the behaviors that led to my sickness. I was in prison, and you said I was getting what I deserved." (pg. 59 of The Hole in the Gospel)


I haven't read this book yet, but I hear it's great and it is next on my list.  If you have, let me know what you think of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment