Pages

Friday, September 2, 2011

My Gifts

Well...the summer has come and gone.  It's flown by at lightening speed!  We've had a great time and a lot has happened since I blogged last.    However, the fact that time is flying past and so much is happening in so many different areas of life is telling me that it's time to slow down.

Several months ago, I heard about a book called One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp.  I still haven't read it, but I know the gist.  Slow down.  Realize the gift of this moment that God has given you.  Take notice.  The moments are what we are going to remember....what my sons will remember.   Be intentional about living.  All these things I've been pondering lately as I've been writing some curriculum for a missions class I am going to teach this year at a homeschool co-op.  Then I went to a parent meeting at that same co-op and this is the video they opened the meeting with....I think God is trying to tell me something. :)



So, I'm going to start writing about my gifts.  The moments of our day that really matter.  The small things that I will forget if I'm not intentional about remembering.  And I'm going to try to get my camera back out and use it more often...like I did before life was so very busy.  The moments that matter to me will probably not mean a hill of beans to anyone else, but that's ok.  They are my gifts.  Gifts He gave to me...because I'm His and He loves me.

No comments:

Post a Comment