Pages

Friday, April 2, 2010

"Why?" by Nichole Nordeman




This is one of my very favorite songs, especially for Easter.  It's perfect for today, Good Friday.

We have had a good day.  Our church, James River Assembly, had a special communtion service at noon.  Doug came home from work and we all went.  All three boys went, too.  I had already been talking to the boys this week about Easter and what it means to us.

I'm so thrilled that Jackson and Carter have already sincerely prayed and asked Jesus to come into their hearts and be Lord of their lives.  Hopefully, Doug and I are leading by examples so that they will grow up seeing parents who make sacrifices to be obedient to what God calls us to do - even when it's not easy.

Today, Jackson took his first communion.  We talked about it as the service progressed and I explained how important communion was and that he needed to make sure his heart was right with God and with other people before he took it.  I asked him if there was anything he needed to ask forgiveness for, either from God or someone else and he said, "Yes.  I was mean to Carter."  So, right there in that service in that seat, Jackson got up and went to his brother and asked for his forgiveness.  What a blessing!

As we received our communion cups, I explained again what they represented.  He promised he understood what it all meant and how important it was.  He took them with everyone else, then stood with the congregation for worship and raised his hands to praise his Jesus for dying for his sins.

I'm so thankful that God has given the boys a heart for Him already.  Not that they are perfect - far from it!  But, they definately know who Jesus is and they are learning what it means to live out their faith.  I pray that God would continue to draw their hearts close to Him and that they would be obedient to the call He places on their lives.

I'm so grateful that it didn't end here at the crucifixion, though!  Praise God, Jesus finished it on the cross but that wasn't the end of the story!  I can't imagine the sorrow Jesus' loved ones felt, since they did not know what was to come in just a few short days.  I'm thankful that I know the end of the story and that Jesus is alive and well today interceding for me in Heaven!

I'll be busy on Easter Sunday helping at the church and then home with the family celebrating the resurrection.  I hope you all have a very wonderful and blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment