First of all, we continue to be so encouraged and have confirmation that we are in the center of His will as we prepare to go and spread Christ's love to the nations! Please keep us on your prayer list as we continue to plan and get ready to go - both physically and spiritually. I believe with all of my heart that we are embarking on a journey that will go far beyond this 10-day trip in May. We feel we've been called into orphan ministry and we are dedicated to seeing that through, whatever that may look like.
As far as the legistics of where we are at in the process, let's see....
- Got my passport in the mail a few weeks ago
- Have tentatively decided to forego the vaccinations and go the homeopathic route. This has all been cleared with the embassy in Sierra Leone as well as with a lovely chiropractor who has joined our team and will be travelling with us as well.
- Ordered new luggage which should be here soon.
- In the process of completely a book study with our team on a book called Dangerous Surrender by Kay Warren. It's an easy read and a great book that talks about some of the issues that come up when you make an intentional choice to completely surrender your life to Christ.
- We are still trying to raise money. The trip will cost about $4,000. To date, we've raised about $100. That's not much, but we are trusting that whether we raise the money or not, God will provide for all our needs in His time. I did write a letter last night, which we'll be sending out in the next few days to ask for support from our friends and family. More than anything, we sincerely ask for your prayers. Pray that we will be used greatly for His Kingdom and His purposes both here and in Sierra Leone. Pray for the children of Sierra Leone and for the millions of orphans around the world.
- We will be putting together supplies to take with us as well as filling a shipping container with larger items. I'll post a list of items needed soon.
- The Covering is taking in 38 more children from a remote village this week, so this will greatly change our plans and activities while we are on the ground. They will be filled beyond capacity and I'm sure there will be many things for us to help. This also means that The Raining Season needs more help and support than ever. If you are interested in learning more about TRS or possibly sponsoring a child, please go to their website, here, to learn more about the waiting children.
I think that's about it for now. Mostly, we are just waiting, praying and trying to raise money. Remember that I'll be blogging while I'm there and posting pictures as much as possible. Be sure to subscribe so you can come along with me on this incredible journey!