Pages

Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Day

My Valentine's Day started at about 4:00 a.m. yesterday when I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep.   I decided about 4:30 to go ahead and get up and start breakfast.  I had, as usual, put V-day on the back burner til the last minute.  We had been out of town and just kep telling myself that I'd take care of it tomorrow.  Tomorrow never really happened, which is really not so unusual in my world.

At 4:30 a.m., I made up some pancake batter and decided to use my new cookie cutters for the pancakes.  I had, after all, waited too late to make the cutout sugar cookies I love.  I made a few, then decided to color the batter pink for a more dramatic effect.  I think it worked!


When the pancakes were done, I decided it would be nice if they had a pretty table to sit on.  Hmm...that called for an early morning run to Wal-Mart for the necessary supplies.  Off I went, in my pajamas and a baseball cap!  Here's what I found.



Red tablecloth, valentine napkins, balloons, red polka-dot glasses, stuffed animals, suckers and cards.  Not bad for 5:30 a.m., if I do say so myself.  I work best under a certain amount of pressure, I've learned.
Upon serving, I doused the pancakes in a fair amount of syrup, and garnished with red and white Valentine's sprinkles.  Well, acutally I had to improvise with some left over Christmas ones, too, but the green ones were easy enough to get off.




Can you feel the love here?  This was as close to "Happy Valentine's Day" as these two got!  They are actually great friends, and that makes my heart so happy.  Last night I overheard them have a discussion that went like this as they were playing Lego Batman on the Wii.  They play the 2-player version and work together to get the bad guys.

Jackson:  Hey, can you help me ________(something he wanted Carter to do in the game)
Carter:  Sure!  'Cuz you're my bestest pal.



Harrison was just glad to have more candy!  This was just after I said, "Don't open your suckers til we get home from church, because I don't want you to get all sticky."  Oh well.   We made it to church and if some of us were sticky, nobody complained.  

I was pleasantly surprised by a beautiful necklace from Uganda, which was purchased from 147millionorphans.com.  I love it!  I also got a new bead for my Pandora bracelet, candy (which I didn't get to eat a piece of because the 3 Muskateers snuck off with it!) and a bottle of my favorite wine - Marco Negri.   We came home from church and did absolutely nothing, which is a great day to me!

Hope yours was as enjoyable!

No comments:

Post a Comment