Pages

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Happy Sunday!




This is the first time I have fasted, and it has really been a blessing.  I've only just begun to realize just how selfish and self-centered and I am.  It is amazing that a person can be aggravated or frustrated about not being able to have a brownie or a Coke, when I have a pantry full of other options, and there are millions of people around the world who have nothing at all.  I'm so humbled as I am only beginning to understand the grace of God in my life.  I pray that He will continue to peel back the layers of my selfishness and open my eyes to the work He has for this family!


I copied off a few recipes from the  Those Who Hunger blog and got started trying them out this morning before church.  I wanted to make the pizza for lunch and coconut fig bars for a snack.  The pizza was labor intensive, but it was actually pretty good.  The spinach artichoke dip was great!  The coconut fig bars are good, too, and a nice treat.  The kids even like them, and that is saying something!  We are SO incredibly blessed!  Thank you, Jesus, for the food you have provided for us - no matter WHAT it is!


We are looking forward to our Life Group tonight.  We are studying the book Crazy Love by Francis Chan.  This is a GREAT book!!   We are excited to meet the rest of the group and get to know some people at the church.  We are really enjoying Wilson's Creek, which is the second campus of James River Assembly.  Hopefully, the Life Group will be a good way for us to build some relationships with a few members of our new church family.

No comments:

Post a Comment