Pages

Friday, January 15, 2010

Fasting & Praying

I had really been feeling like I needed to do a fast, specifically a Daniel fast, over the past few weeks.  I remember thinking about it at the first of the year last year and I didn't do it.  So, I really wanted to begin 2010 by giving the first part of the year to focusing on God and His will for me and my life.  I had actually been talking about it with Doug, who was a little unsure himself but told me I could do whatever I wanted. Low and behold, on the next Sunday morning, January 10, this is the sermon we heard from John Lindell, Senior Pastor at James River Assembly.


The Power and Purpose of Fasting


Wow!  It's happened before, so I don't know why I am so amazed when things like this happen.  It's so encouraging to know that God really is working and you can see it right in front of you!


Needless to say, Doug and I both started a  Daniel fast the next day, which was Monday, the 11th.  We are doing well and have been so encouraged in our walk with the Lord!  We are praying about the upcoming trip to  Africa as well as other things that we feel He is calling us to do.  He is so graciously showing us what we need to be doing one step at a time, and we are thrilled to be gearing up to do work for His Kingdom!


Doug and I both feel SO blessed in this life we are living and we definately know we are being called to minister to orphans all over the world.  Just exactly what the details are of that ministry, we are not sure of, but we know that He will answer our prayers and pleas for wisdom and guidance.


I found a great blog which has helped me out tremendously during this fast so that I can cook and keep my kids healthy!  It just happens that the author attends James River Assembly!  You can check it out here, at Those Who Hunger.  There are some really creative recipes I'm going to try out over the weekend.  I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment