Pages

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving

We spent Thanksgiving in West Plains, with my family and had a wonderful time.  After Doug got off work, Wednesday evening, we headed to WP to spend the night with Papa Rod.  We only had Harrison with us, since Jackson and Carter had spent the entire week with Nana, in Jefferson City.  The Hammond crew was disappointed to only have one little guy instead of three, but we managed to enjoy ourselves anyway.  As far as I could tell, Harrison didn't mind having all the attention to himself!

Thursday morning, Grandma came over to teach me how to make homemade noodles.  It was a lot of fun and a special time to spend with her.   I'm sure Grandma will continue to make them for the festivities until she doesn't want to.  It's nice to know, though, now I can make them for my grandkids someday.

We came back home Thursday evening so that I could go to work early Friday morning.   I took a part time job at Mardel, a great Christian store that sells books, music, gift and educational supplies.  I need another job like I need a hit in the head, but I actually enjoy it and it is some stress relief to be out of the house a little bit now and then.  I'll just be working through the holiday season.

Saturday morning, we got up and traveled to Jefferson City to spend some time with the extended Tannehill family.  This is really the only time during the year we see them, so it was great to visit and get caught up.  I really missed Jackson and Carter all week, so I was happy to see them and bring them back home on Sunday.

It was very busy, but all in all, we had a wonderful Thanksgiving.   We have SO much to be so very thankful for!


No comments:

Post a Comment