Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Why am I writing this?

Over the past week or so, I've been asked about blogging and why, exactly would we "put this stuff out there for everyone to read?". Well, here's my answer.

1. I'm writing this for me. It's my journal. It's not so personal, of course, since it is out on the web but it serves the same purpose for me as a diary would for someone else. The fact that it's on the web means that I have to be accountable for what I'm writing. That's good for me, too. I need something to hold me accountable for the things that really matter in my life. Knowing that someone might be reading this means I need to honor the words I've written and follow through. Even if no one reads it, it's beneficial for me to process my thoughts and write (type) them out. It's always a blessing to go back to read and remember what God has done.

2. I'm writing this for my kids. This blog will be focused more on my walk with Christ and what our family is doing to serve Him and, therefore, others. Because I can have the blog printed at some point, my kids will have a written record of their mom's spiritual journey. I pray that someday that will be an inspiration for them as they are on journeys of their own. They'll be able to know, even if I'm gone, what their mom's heart was all about. That's important to me. If I don't do one other thing for these boys in their entire lives, I want them to know that who Jesus is and know that our family stepped out in faith to do what we felt was His will for our lives.

3. I'm writing this to honor God. If someone chooses to read just one post or follow them daily, I hope that God will use my life to speak into the lives of others for His purposes. That's up to Him, though. I'm just putting my heart out there.

That's why.

No comments:

Post a Comment