Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2009

OK, God! I Get It...I'm Listening!

God is SO AMAZING!

I love it when He gives confirmation in places you don't really expect to see it.  Wow.  I shouldn't be surprised by it anymore, but for some reason I always am.

Doug and I have been praying about a few things here at our house and sure enough, we are on the right track.  Praise God!  That is a victory in and of itself!  Just to be on the right track is a good feeling.



I started a Beth Moore Bible study this morning on Esther.  I have loved Beth Moore for years now, but it has been a long time since I've done one of her studies.  It will be a double blessing because this is my first women's study at this church, so I will be making new friends and growing relationships as well as enjoying Beth's teaching.  If you don't know Beth Moore and her books/studies, you should!!

This morning was our first meeting and wha'da ya know?!  Perfect timing!  The video has just gotten started and Beth announces that we are all here together because, "God is going to do something new!"
He's got "NEW" written all over this family!  I couldn't help but smile.

The study is about the book of Esther and it's called, It's Tough Being A Woman.  No kidding!  LOL

Over the next several weeks, we'll be studying and discussing each chapter and then viewing a video.   Here are my highlights of the morning's introduction.
  • Esther offers tremendous hope.  The definition of hope is "confidence, eager expectation"  
  • It extends perspective on the providence of God.  The definition (Webster's) of providence is "God conceived as the power sustaining and guiding the human destiny."  The Holman Illustrated Bible Dictionary adds, "in His providence God attends not only to apparently momentous events and people but also to those that seem both mundane and trivial....Indeed, so all encompassing is God's attention to events within creation that nothing happens by chance."
  • New Testament examples of providence in scripture:  Ephesians 1:1 - Even when we're blind to the evidence, "God works out everything in conformity with the purpose of His will."   Philippians 2:13 - God "who works in you to will and to act according to His good purpose."
  • God has a divine, providencial purpose for my life!  He is not going to fulfill my destiny without me! I have to participate and I don't want to miss it!!  Sign me up!
Needless to say, I'm excited about all that God will show me in the weeks to come about His providence and purpose for my family and I!  I'm "confident and eagerly expecting" that it will be an amazing ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment