Pages

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Praying for Lots of Energy & Opportunities

It's been a really busy week at the Widhalm house!  We are in full swing now with homeschooling, complete with lots of activities out of the house.  We have something to do every day of the week, along with getting the day to day things accomplished here at home.  Our activities include: Children's Music Academy, PE class at Evangel, Classical Conversations co-op, book club, Royal Rangers, Junior Bible Quiz and whatever else pops up we want to do.  It all makes for a very busy household!  We are enjoying, it, though.   For all these activities and chasing after three active boys, I'm praying for as much energy as I can get!

It was a blessing, to have confirmation again, that we are on the right path.  Sunday morning and evening services were a blessing and perfect timing.  I had just finished reading the book, Crazy Love by Francis Chan.  Both Sunday services were about being in love with God and living a life that shows His love to others in a radical way.

My prayer at the altar Sunday evening was that He would draw all of us closer to Him and that we would have opportunities daily to serve others and show His love through our actions.  Doug and I have both been reading and learning about orphans and the tremendous poverty around the world, specifically in Africa.  It's amazing what we have been blessed with!  It is only by God's grace that we are in this place and time versus a place like Africa where we could possibly be starving and without even clean water.

I sometimes can't even grasp that the pictures I've seen and stories I've read are real.  It's incredible to me.  Why me?  Why am I here?  Why do my children and I have so much when someone else's children starve?  I wish I had all the answers, but I expect they won't ever come this side of heaven.  I do believe, that He expects those of us who profess to follow Him to serve the poor, the orphaned and the helpless.

Doug and I are in prayer about what that is specifically going to look like in our family.  I don't have those answers yet, either.  But, I am praying that He will give us opportunities.  We'll see what He has planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment