|A young boy abandoned at the hospital last year. |
Hospital staff thought he was 4 or 5 years old.
2. Sponsor a Care Package for $5. Moms who have children admitted to the hospital are usually on their own and responsible for getting their own food (no cafeteria in this hospital) and sometimes even food for their sick babies. We will be giving one care package to each mom in the ICU and the Nutrition Ward. It will consist of a jar of peanut butter, loaf of bread, water, a small toy, and a couple of dollars. You can provide a care package for one family for just $5! This is a HUGE blessing to these mothers who are trying to care for their sick children. We'll put your name on the bags you sponsor and even a note of prayer or encouragement if you would like.
3. Donate peanut butter. We are hoping to be able to give a care package to each family in the ICU and the nutrition ward at the hospital. The packages will include one regular sized jar of peanut butter, a small loaf of bread, water, a small toy, and approximately $2-3 cash. If you live locally, I'll be happy to pick it up from you. To feed both wards, we will need 50-60 jars.
3. Donate gift bags. Small gift bags with handles would be ideal, but nothing fancy is required.
4. Buy bread & water. We will purchase the bread and water just before we arrive at the hospital. It will take approximately $100 to buy enough bread and water for both wards. You can help provide these things by using the Paypal donation button on the right sidebar.
5. Buy a T-Shirt. For $18, you can purchase a Simply Love - Sierra Leone T-shirt. The picture on the sidebar doesn't do it justice. You can help us spread the word by purchasing one for yourself or someone else. All proceeds from shirt sales thru March 4th will go toward providing care packages at Ola During.
6. Spread The Word. Even if you can't help right now financially - you can help us spread the word! Please re-post this, put links on your posts, share it with your FB friends and Twitter!
To make a donation or buy a shirt, use the links on the side bar. If you'd like to donate peanut butter or gift bags, contact me and I'll be happy to pick them up.
No matter what you choose to do to help out, THANK YOU! We appreciate your efforts to help us serve those who are the "least of these"!