Our journey this year is really difficult for me to even put into words. In our efforts to "lose our lives", we have found the greatest joy I could imagine. What started out more than a year and a half ago as what I thought would be a journey to adopting a baby has turned into something completely different and unexpected. I am in awe of God's hand in our lives and the way He has shown Himself faithful to us this year.
Widhalm Family Major Events in 2010 (in no particular order)
- The Raining Season - About a year ago, we made this life changing discovery. We have been so very blessed by this organization and the children at The Covering.
- Daniel Fast - I highly encourage you to pray about fasting - it changed our lives! I'm looking forward to another fast just after the first of the year. Check out the link for a great resource.
- Mission trip to Sierra Leone - In 10 days, my perspective changed forever. Life will never be the same....thank the Lord.
- Crazy Love by Franchis Chan
- Radical by David Platt
- Pagan Christianity by Barnes & Viola
- The Hole in Our Gospel by Richard Stearns
- A completed homestudy
- An adoption law passed in Sierra Leone - Praying now for the ban to lift and for God to lead us in every step so that we fulfill His purpose for this family.
- Garage sales & Craig's List postings galore- We have sold just about everything we can sell at this point. There are still a few things left in the kitchen I could probably get rid of, but that's about it. The next time we move, it's not going to take long because we don't have much stuff left! It's amazing how much better we feel and we don't even miss what's not here!
- House For Sale - Even our house is for sale! Praying for God's will to be done.
- Growing boys - The three greatest joys of life! They are growing and changing SO much and SO quickly! Praying that I will be a living example for them of the love of Christ being put into action. It's such a blessing to watch them learn who Jesus is and grow in their faith. Being their mom is the best thing that ever happened to me.
- Family Worship - Family worship has changed this family from the inside out! I highly recommend Vodie Bauchum's book Family Driven Faith.
- Liza had puppies - What an experience! We all loved them so much and we're so glad they all have wonderful homes.
Our lives look nothing like they did a year ago, and I'm so thankful. Oh, the house looks the same from the street, but everything on the inside of this family has changed. We have truly lost the lives we had just over a year ago, and found a new life full of amazing adventure.
When I really think about all that God has done, I am awestruck and speechless. It is nothing short of a miracle! It's an incredible place to be when you put yourself in a position to see Him moving mountains and performing miracles right before your eyes! I LOVE this life!
I wonder what He has in store for the next twelve months???? Can't wait to find out! For now, we are headed out to Bandera, TX, for the first family vacation we've had since Jackson was a baby. We are going to be at a dude ranch for a week - should be fun. I'll post pictures when we get back.
I hope you have a wonderfully blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year!