Pages

Saturday, October 30, 2010

National Adoption Awareness Month


Why Love Orphans? from Christian Alliance for Orphans on Vimeo.

November is National Adoption Awareness Month and next Sunday has been deemed Orphan Sunday.   I've been contemplating for a while now, just what exactly we could do in honor of this.  I think I've come up with a few things.  First, I want to share a list of resources I have become of aware of through our own research that might help you if you are contemplating adoption or if you are just in the beginning stages.  Second, I want to share some great opportunities that are available to you as a way for you to reach out to orphaned children all over the world even if you are not interested in adopting.    I am also going to share my journey through '30 Days of Nothing'.

The first couple of items are pretty easy.....just providing a list of links and some explanations for your perusal.  The third, 30 Days of Nothing, is a challenge we are taking on so that we might possibly have even a little smidge of understanding (although it really isn't possible, I know) about how 95% of the world lives....many of whom are orphans.  I think we will learn more about God and about ourselves through what will most definately be a huge challenge for us.  Please keep us in your prayers.  I'm sure we'll need them.

https://www.adoptioncouncil.org - National Council for Adoption

http://www.nationaladoptionawarenessmonth.com - National Adoption Month website

1 comment:

  1. Great post about adoption! Join our Adoption Celebration at Foster2Forever with giveaways and an adoption blog hop.
    http://foster2forever.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete