Pages

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Breakfast Menu

I spent a little time this afternoon perusing blogs and cookbooks and came up with this weekly breakfast menu.  I'm quite positive that my kiddos are going to have a few issues, but I'm hoping that the "there are starving kids in Afria and I don't want to hear you complaining" speech will prevail.  LOL  Seriously though, since I've been back home from Sierra Leone, I'm a completely different parent....but that's another post.

I'm positive the kids, Jackson primarily, will have issues with a few things, but I'm going to plan on holding fast at least for a few weeks to see if I can persuade them.  Nothing is horrible or anything they will completely hate, it just isn't what they are used to having.

The menu is grain free, except for Monday and Saturday, which will be a treat.  Pancakes are the boys' all-time favorite breakfast, so I included it and I'm going to use it for bribery, if needed.  I'll make them from scratch with organic flour - 1/2 all-purpose and 1/2 whole wheat.  According to WAP, grains need to be soaked, so I'm going to try to figure that out at some point.

Monday
Eggs - Pastured and purchased from a local farm
Toast - Ezekiel for now, homemade sourdough or soaked later
Butter - Purchased at grocery for now, hopefully local, grassfed or homemade later
Honey - Local, raw
Fruit - Whatever is in season or organic frozen
Milk - Raw, purchased locally

Tuesday
Grain-free blueberry muffins with butter
Eggs
Milk

Wednesday
Yogurt - Homemade from raw milk purchased locally
Vanilla & Honey to flavor yogurt
Fruit
Grain-free granola

Thursday
No-crust veggie fritatta
Fruit
Milk

Friday
Nutty fruit cereal
Milk

Saturday
Pancakes - made from scratch w/organic flour & aluminum-free baking powder, local honey, coconut oil
Pure Maple Syrup
Butter
Eggs
Milk

Sunday
Yogurt
Fruit
Grain-free granola

I found these recipes on Organic & Thrifty via The Healthy Home Economist and also from Those Who Hunger.  There are a few more breakfast recipes I want to try, but I think we'll try to adjust to these first before I bring on another batch.

No comments:

Post a Comment