Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Handprints of Angels

             





I just got an email from The Raining Season with these sweet handprints and a note attached.  They brought tears to my eyes, knowing there are four sweet blessings on the other side of the world creating keepsakes for their "Uncle Douglas".  It's hard to tell from the handprints just how big or small they are.  The blue one is from Jinnah, who is only 4 months old now.  Mamie's is green and she is 3.   Mohamed, 6, wrote the precious note.

Jinnah & Sao (4 month old twins) and Mamie (3 yrs) and Mohammed (6yrs) live at The Covering in Sierra Leone.  Their mother died after giving birth to the twins and their father could no longer take care of them. Thankfully, he found The Covering and the twins were able to get the food and medical attention they needed to survive.  I can't imagine having to leave my kids with strangers just so they could survive.  

I can't wait to see them in May and kiss their sweet little cheeks!  

Taking care of these precious kiddos is what it is all about!  Please pray and consider supporting our mission trip in May.  Let me know if you'd like any information about the orphan crisis, Sierra Leone, Warm Hearts Group - or anything else!  I'd love to talk to you about it!

If you live in the area, please have dinner with us at McAllister's in Nixa, on Monday, February 22nd.  Warm Hearts Group will be receiving a portion of the profits that evening.  I'll be there from 4p.m. to 9p.m. helping out.  I'd love to see you!

No comments:

Post a Comment