Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

It's been a very busy week!  I can't believe how quickly the days are flying by.  The weather has been cold and rainy, which means we are stuck inside.  I love fall, but has it come and gone already?!  It feels more like winter!

The kids are doing great!  No one has been sick yet, which is a huge blessing!  I was told earlier today that one of the elementary schools in town is closing because of the flu outbreak.  Harrison has his 2 yr checkup on Thursday.  I'm praying he doesn't get sick from being at the doctor's office.

Homeschooling is going well.  We (Jackson, Carter & I) are working hard to stay caught up with our memory work from Classical Conversations and Junior Bible Quiz.  CC is a group we attend on Tuesdays and focuses on memorizing important information.  This week at CC, we added the geographical components of the Hittite Empire, eight more historical events (from a timeline that starts at creation and goes to the present), skip counting the 9's and 10's, "b" prepositions, a history sentence about the fall of Rome, and some sort of Latin.  That was just what we were assigned today.  This is the 5th week of 24.  He'll also be memorizing the entire chapter of Exodus 20.  I hope we can keep up.

We (Jackson and I) are also memorizing 15 more JBQ questions/answers for our first meet on Saturday.  This brings us to a total of 120 JBQ questions.  I sat with him in practice last Sunday and he was the high scorer in both rounds!  I'm so proud!  I'm excited about the meet coming up on Saturday.  Most of all, though, I'm thrilled that he is doing such a great job at hiding God's Word in his heart!

Needless to say - with all this memorization going on, the kids are not the only ones getting an education!  I'm learning things I never knew and don't understand why no one told me! lol

Doug and I are continuing to pray for opportunity to step out in faith and live a life of service.  God is really stirring up something in our lives and I'm looking forward to what He will show us.  We are really focusing on just taking one day at a time and doing what we feel He has called us to do today, in this moment, and having faith that He will work out the details in His time and for His purpose.

I'm hopeful that our lives are going to begin looking different and that there will be no doubt we are living in service to others and, therefore, to Him!  It will be an interesting journey, I'm sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment